This dimensionally stable, firm, high-density PTFE continuous filament fiber packing is similar to Style 5889,
but most useful in slower shaft speed applications. Its PTFE dispersion provides a low friction finish and prevents leakage through the braid. Style 5888 is resistant to all chemicals but molten uranium salts. Completely asbestos-free, with very little water absorption, this packing is often used in check and needle valve stems, reciprocating rods, rams, and plungers, and safety injection system valves.
Valve stem packing with superior chemical resistance
- High density, dimensionally stable-very little water absorption
- Ideal for valve and slower shaft speed applications
- PTFE dispersion ensures a low friction finish and prevents leakage through the braid
- Resistant to most chemicals
- For oxygen service, specify Style 5895.
- Min. Temperature: -450 (°F)
- Max. Temperature: 500 (°F)
- Max. Pressure: 300 (PSI)
- Max. Valve Pressure: 2000 (PSI)
- Prod Speed: 1000 (FPM)