Warehouse Shipper/Receiver, Surrey
Warehouse Shipper/Receiver (posted October 30, 2018)
LOCATION: Surrey, BC (Campbell Heights Area) – Note, this position is indoors, in 3-year-old, Clean Warehouse.
HOURS: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM, Monday-Friday
REPORTS TO: Warehouse Supervisor
This position is responsible for picking, packing, shipping, receiving, recording, bin locating, warehouse organization, etc. Also, controlling the movement of parts, supplies, and materials to and from the warehouse.
You must be able to understand urgency, as we have a very high volume of Fluid Containment parts that are arriving and shipping every day. Our ‘Rush’ requests are a high priority and need to be completed in a short period of time.
Fork Lift Ticket, Organization, and bin location experience would be a benefit.
Accuracy, Speed and reliability are key to be a successful candidate for this position.
- Receive all incoming products as correct for product type/item, labeling, quantity and condition. Perform quality verifications as per the requirements of the QA program. Communicate any deficiencies and non-conformances promptly.
- Perform receiving functions in the computer system, and accurately track and file/forward all paperwork.
- Put away stock in warehouse correctly, properly bin located, labeled and in its assigned correct location.
- Handle all customer orders promptly, making sure they are picked, packed and accurately shipped on time or earlier. Respond on a priority basis to any rush/urgent customer demands or sales department requests.
- Interact with customers, sales representatives and customer service staff in a professional and helpful manner.
- Process product returns on a timely basis, consulting with customer service representatives where applicable.
- Perform stock inventory cycle counts or periodic counts as requested.
- Monitor warehouse shelves, racks and bins for tidiness and proper placement. Ensure products are properly labeled when boxes are opened, and that product is protected
adequately while in storage.
- Keep workplace clean and neat; sweep and dispose of garbage daily, dispose of unneeded used packaging materials (skids/boxes) weekly.
- Enter shipping information in the computer system accurately and promptly. Arrange transport/pick-up and assist in truck loading and unloading. Ensure that all
Bills-of-Lading and manifests are properly completed.
- Obtain and maintain forklift certification, and effectively use material handling equipment as prescribed.
- Ensure precautions are taken to ensure inventory security to prevent loss.
- Follow all operating processes and use all relevant safety practices and equipment.
- Assist with continuous improvement initiatives and provide recommendations for new initiatives on an on-going basis.
HEALTH & SAFETY ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Read, understand and comply with A. R. Thomson Group’s Health and Safety Policies, Procedures and Safe Work Practices.
- Wear the appropriate personal protective equipment.
- Report any unsafe, unhealthy condition to the Supervisor immediately.
- Report any near miss, injury or equipment damage accident to the Supervisor immediately and complete the required reports.
- Take every reasonable precaution to protect your safety and that of other workers in the area and the general public.
The A.R. Thomson Group is one of the largest manufacturers and distributors of fluid containment and control products in North America. We focus on a broad range of domestic and international markets and continue to see strong growth. At the A.R. Thomson Group, we take our responsibility upon our employees seriously. All of our employees are given opportunities to grow within the frame work of a team culture, where training and continuous improvement are a joint commitment. We are proud of our 200+ professionals who are working together to provide the best products and services possible to our customers. We have a team-oriented learning environment where all positions offer:
- Task versatility
- Interesting and challenging work
- Culture of constant learning
- Competitive compensation package
- Education subsidies
- Opportunity for advancement
- Extended health benefits
- Company matched pension plan
If you have the ability and desire to join our team, we welcome your application.