- Non-abrasive – saves shaft sleeves.
- Non-contaminating – will not degrade product.
- High heat conductivity – longer life.
- Non-asbestos – reduces handling costs.
- Broad chemical compatibility – saves and reduces inventory and maintenance costs.
- Teflon® impregnated, high strength, carbon yarn with break-in lubricant.
- Square Interbraid.
- Extreme corrosive service such as strong caustics, acids, pulp stock, and other slurries.
- Medium pressure valves and pumps.
- Mixers, autoclaves, and reactors (due to high resiliency of Thomson CHEM-3 packing).
- General service pump and valve packing.